Wednesday 10 November 2010

Ju-on The Grudge makeup tutorial

Justify Full

So here is my first YouTube makeup tutorial. Sadly it's not Halloween any more but luckily I had posted this tutorial on YouTube before Halloween!

The look is based on a character from the movie Ju-On (The Grudge). The character in question is Kayako Saeki, the Japanese female lead role. I chose to recreate this look as it is so simple, anyone can put on some white face paint and eyeliner if they are in a hurry!

So, to begin with I primed my face with Laura Mercier Oil-Free foundation primer. I prefer this blend as I have oily skin and I need my makeup to stay in place as well as possible.
Then I used my trusty UDPP to prime my eye area. Most of you will know the power of Urban Decay's Primer Potion and I can also vouch for it. I don't wear eye makeup without using UDPP now!
For the face paint I used Snazaroo's Water Based Face & Body Makeup applied with a slightly dampened makeup sponge all over my face, neck and ears. Be careful not to get the sponge too damp as you want the makeup to be relatively opaque. However, you also want to retain some reality to the complexion. After application, I set the face paint with normal translucent powder.

For my eyes I used M.A.C's Technakhol liner in Graphblack as I find this liner to be the most long-wearing for my waterline. I lined the entire lid area and upper & lower water lines. Next I set the liner with a matte black eyeshadow. Mine was just a cheap eyeshadow from Claire's Accessories. The brush I used is The Bodyshop Eyeshadow Brush, made from synthetic fibres of course.
To create a bruised look to the eyes I used a fluffy brush to smudge out the edges of my liner and to subtly add more black, graduating outwards towards my eye sockets. You want to try and achieve a skull-like appearance.
Concentrate adding black eyeshadow under the eyes. A tip is to look down and apply colour to where your natural 'dark circles' would end.

Finally to finish the look add a long, black wig. This is Kayako's signature hairstyle. Don't forget to perfect your Saeki sound!

I hope you all had a very Happy Halloween, why not try this look for next year? (Since my blog posts are so tardy)

love ms natya xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment