Monday 2 May 2011

Things I want to try!

Lately I've not been loving my Esteé Lauder Double Wear foundation as much as when I bought it. I've been using my Lauder foundation for a few years now and I think it's time for a change.
But I'm worried it will be a grass-always-greener situation!

The foundation products I want to try at the moment are the Dr. Jart+
Rejuvenating Blemish Base SPF 35 PA++
AND Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily skin

I really wanted to try BB cream but I need a formula that stays put on oily skin for the impending summer months. I've heard a lot of good things on YT about Revlon Colorstay, and so this intrigues me too.

So, as for the two foundations in comparison they offer completely different levels of SPF protection. The Dr. Jart+ has SPF35 pa++ which is a high UVA/UVB sunscreen, whereas the Colorstay only offers SPF6 a low UVB protection. This has both up and downsides: the Colorstay will not protect too much against UV rays but won't give too much of a white-cast on camera. The Dr.Jart+ will give good sunscreen coverage, but due to physical barriers will give a stark white-cast so won't photograph well.

I think the collective price for these two items will be £29.29 for 80ml of product. My Esteé Lauder Double Wear is £25.50 for 30ml...I think that justifies my foundation gluttony ;)



So, watch this space (probably for weeks via a sasa haul!) for these foundations.

CV
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment